Taking steps to increase your home’s energy efficiency will help you save on future energy bills and extend the life of your HVAC system while qualifying you for generous rebates and tax credits.
Rebates. The state of Utah allows homeowners to claim rebates to help offset the costs for services and products that increase energy efficiency. The program includes costs related to insulating attics, walls, and ducts and air sealing. A ThermWise Authorized Contractor must provide installation services and Energy Savers Insulation is an one of those contractors.
Here are the current rebate amounts:
- Attic insulation: up to $0.25 per square foot
- Wall insulation: up to $0.30 per square foot
- Duct insulation: $100 plus $5.25 per linear foot
- Air sealing: $100 plus $0.20 per square foot
- In-home Energy Audit: discounted to $25.00
Rebates are also given for High Performance Homes that exceed the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) by at least 50%.
Tax Credits for Renewable Energy Systems. Both Utah and the federal government encourage homeowners to invest in renewable energy and offer generous tax credits. In Utah, the credit is $2,000 for installing photovoltaics (solar panels). Excess credit can be carried over for up to four years. The federal government will continue to offer a 30% tax credit for installing solar panels through 2016.
* Estimates based on customer feedback. Consult your account for a review of your potential benefit.